Questions over chapter 24:
1. How did WWI change America's history?
2. What did Roosevelt say was his most important action in foreign affairs?
3. What Policy governed Latin America until FDR's new policy?
What did this corollary warn?
4. What happened to the Japanese domestically, including racism, and outside the United States under Teddy Roosevelt?
5. What are some examples of dollar diplomacy under Taft?
6. What was Wilson's moral diplomacy?
7. What were the cooling off treaties?
8. Why did the US and Mexico almost go to war with each other?
9. What did Henry Ford and Progressive agree about with respect to WWI?
10. What was Wilson's campaign slogan for the election of 1916?
11. What Wilson secretly doing in 1915?
12. On January 31 Germany...
13. What was the "last straw" getting the US in WWI?
14. Black soldiers...
15. Americans raised the .... to help turn the war around.
16. 705: 1-3
17. How did Wilson get his propaganda across?
18. What were the Espionage and Sedition Acts?
19. US involvement in Russian Revolution...
20. The Red Scare was...
21. The WIB...
22. Hoover helped the war effort by...
23. Garfield introduced...
24. Racial tension over ..... in ... cities in 1917-1919.
25.Which 3 of the 14 points were fulfilled?
26. who were the Big 4?
27. What happened to Wilson that kept him from fighting for his 14 Points to be ratified by our Congress?
28. What did disillusionment lead to?
Chapter 25 Questions
1. Why did the Model T go down in price?
2. What factors increased purchasing power?
3. Steam power was replaced by___________.
4. What did automobiles lead to?
5. What businesses were gaining popularity?
6. What happened to sectional differences?
7. Who by the late 20's was hardest hit and why?
8. What were the ominous signs of danger?
9. Why were skyscrapers built?
10. Who were flappers and what did they want?
11. What did the liberal laws lead to?
12. A typical woman's work week was...
13. How did family change?
14. What was the heart of the youth movement?
15. Who was the #1 crime boss?
16. What standard fell to the new ideas about sex?
17. What was used to promote sex?
18. What made an easy escape from supervision?
19. What percent of married had sex before marriage?
20. What percent of single women had sex?
21. Why do you think more single women had sex than those that were married had when they were single?
22. Critics of the 1920's said...
23. The significant contribution in the arts was ___________ by __________________.
24. 1920's poetry... find examples and write down and read.
25. What was the rural perspective?
26. What was Palmer before the raids?
27. 747 questions
28. The American public reaction to the Red Scare was...
29. The judge statement about Sacco and Vanzetti was...
30. Prohibition led to __________ to law even by ________.
31. The new KKK were....
32. The downfall of the KKK was ______________.
33. The Scope Trial conclusion was...
34. Urban voters began voting...
35. Coolidge was made popular by... and his motto was ...
36. Hoover was made popular by...
37. Who made Americans upset for not having to pay taxes?
38. Which party was ran by the KKK in a few states?
39. What was the message that Hoover learned? Edit Text
1. What were men doing that suffered from the effects of the depression?
2. What did Pauline Kael eat win he had no money for meals?
3. How did government change during the depression?
4. Look at the chart on 751 and decide what was most important to bringing unemployment down...New Deal programs or something
5. Why did speculators panic?
6. What did unemployment max out at?
7. What factors led to the depression?
8. Why were farmers suffering and what did they do about it?
9. Why were the poor better at survival during the depression?
10. What was riding the rails about?
11. Hoover's response the the depression was...
12. What happened with the Bonus Army?
13. What were FDR's qualities that made him a likable candidate?
14. Name and describe 3 New Deal programs.
15. What was the most significant reform? What were the criticisms of this reform?
16. What was the problem of the unemployment system?
17. Federal welfare, according the FDR...
18. Wagner Act and impact of New Deal...
19. New Deal unfair examples record on minorities...
20. By 1936 75% of Blacks voted for...
21. Why did Blacks support FDR and the New Deal?
22. How did the New Deal treat Mexicans?
23. How did women and men feel about women working?
24. What age women found jobs and which did not?
25. 771 questions.
26. What was the court packing scheme?
27. By 1938 ...
apstudent.com click on presidents to study 1st 19 presidents.
1. Analyze the differences between the Great Awakenings.
2. Describe the strengths and weaknesses of Native Americans. How did tribes communicate? How did treatment of Indians
differ for East to West? How were Indians going to be civilized? How were buffalo used by plains Indians? What was the Sand
3. Analyze the differences between Jacksonians and Jeffersonians.
4. Differentiate between Jefferson and Jeffersonians.
5. What was daily life like in the big cities?
6. What were problems with the Homestead Act?
7. Who were foreign minors? What happened to them?
8. How were mining camps ran?
9. Who were decent women? How were they treated?
10. What is Custer's claim to fame
11. What was the Dawes Act?
12. What was the Haymarket Riot and its consequences?
13. What was the importance of railroads?
14. Why did America outgrow Europe's industrialization.
15. Describe the KOL and what their approach was.
16. What is Credit Mobilier?
17. Immigrants' wives were........
18. What were the priorities of immigrants?
19. What was the life expectancy of Blacks in 1880 and 1900?
20. What impact did street cars have?
21. What were the 3 wires that played big roles?
22. Differentiate between Carnegie and Rockefeller.
23. Half of the cowboys were __ or ___.
24. 489 Questions
25. 525 Questions
26. 545 Questions
27. 570 Questions
28. 593 Questions
<DIV>Read together: 481, 511, 539, 573. <BR><BR>WEEK 1/14</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Monday....Go over Internet Questions<BR><BR><BR>Tuesday...Semester Test</DIV>
<DIV>Go over chapters 20 and 21.</DIV>
<DIV> Go over By president: 10 most important
presidents. Party, most important events, changes under him. <BR><BR>Thursday: Book Review and Chapters
20 and 21 Questions </DIV>
<DIV>Friday: Book Review<BR><BR><BR>WEEK 9: 2nd 9 wks...20-21</DIV>
<DIV>1. What were the lasting effects of the 1890 depression?</DIV>
<DIV>2. What was America's favorite sport (not really a sport) in the 1890's?</DIV>
<DIV>3. Which 2 groups were kept from voting?</DIV>
<DIV>4. From 1896-1904 What was the range of Black voters?</DIV>
<DIV>5. What won support for Democrats everywhere?</DIV>
<DIV>6. From 1868-1912, where were most candidate from?</DIV>
<DIV>7. 1877-1900 big change was _______ a cause of ______.</DIV>
<DIV>8. Mann v. Illinois stated.....</DIV>
<DIV>9. The Pendleton Act ......</DIV>
<DIV>10. The Sherman Anti-Trust Act....</DIV>
<DIV>11. What hurt the Republican in 1890?</DIV>
<DIV>12. What was populism?</DIV>
<DIV>13. Were farmers justified in their grievances?<BR>14. What happened to colored farmers alliances?</DIV>
<DIV>15. What were the Ocala demands?</DIV>
<DIV>16. What was the main cause of the Depression of 1890's?</DIV>
<DIV>17. What happened May 5, 1893?</DIV>
<DIV>18. Coxey's march ended up....</DIV>
<DIV>19. Describe the old vs new minors.</DIV>
<DIV>20. Which Democrat president led to more Republican popularity?</DIV>
<DIV>21. What job did most 8-9 yr olds do?</DIV>
<DIV>22. Women turning to work in ______ instead of _____.</DIV>
<DIV>23. What was the new literature theme?</DIV>
<DIV>24. 593 Questions.</DIV>
<DIV>25. Cross of Gold exerpt.</DIV>
<DIV>26. What were the populist ideas?</DIV>
<DIV>27. The party of prosperity from 1897 to 1930 was __________.</DIV>
<DIV>28. What were the reasons for taking Hawaii?</DIV>
<DIV>29. Who was agree and what did they do?</DIV>
<DIV>30. Who is Mahan, and why is he important?</DIV>
<DIV>31. 1889-1900, the US went from ________ to _________.</DIV>
<DIV>32. 623 Questions.</DIV>
<DIV>33. The Teller Amendment...</DIV>
<DIV>34. What was the Treaty of Paris debate?</DIV>
<DIV>35. The Spanish American War set back _________ for Blacks.</DIV>
<DIV>2 students per chapter and have each students will prepare 2 or more chapters to be on power
point again this 9 weeks.</DIV>
Turn in Debate Responses. <BR>Book Review/ <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Monday...
Chapter 20 <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Tuesday...Make bullet cheat sheet.
Open note. <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Wednesday... Semester Exam: <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Next
Thursday and Friday....Book Reviews <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><
T-finish book reviews. Mr. Temple does chapter 21.
W- Chapter 22 by student.
R-Read excerpts from 21 and 22.
F-Test over Presidents 1-20.
Index cards 300 words due.
Chapter Reviews added to web page due by each Friday.
Week 2: 3rd grading period…
1. What were some Mexican contributions?
2. How were Japanese and Chinese treated?
3. Describe the WTUL.
4. Which union wanted to overthrow capitalism? Who did they accept?
5. How did Ford deal with job satisfaction?
6. How did other businesses deal with their problems?
7. From 1900-1920, life expectancy rose to ______________________.
8. What was the probability a Black baby survived its birth?
9. What entertainment became popular? What happened to give people more time for entertainment?
10. What was and who led the new popular music?
1. Define Progressivism and its goals.
2. What was the WCTU?
3. Some progressive changes were…
4. Which state allowed women to vote before the 19th Amendment?
5. What was the result of Muller v. Oregon?
6. 686 Questions.
7. By 1900, voter turnout…
8. Regulation corruption included…
9. The purpose of the 17th Amendment was…
11. Hiram Johnson…
12. Roosevelt’s personality was …
13. The bully pulpit was …
14. Roosevelt was good and bad to Blacks because…
15. Taft contrasted with Roosevelt…
16. How were Republicans divided?
17. The Bullinger-Pinchet Affair was…
18. How did Taft alienate Progressives?
19. What was the Progressive Party and New Nationalism about?
20. Wilson and New Freedom was…
21. The Underwood Tariff Act consequences were…
22. Samuel Gompers was …
23. 679 all.
W-present chapter 23
R-EXPERT ON RUSSIA GUEST SPEAKER
F-Test over Notecards